Skip to main content

*^~ NEW CAFE HUNTED - PEEKABOO CAFE @ BUKIT JALIL ~^*


Peekaboo Cafe 

It's was a pouring rain Tuesday but I still felt blissful as was being invited by lovely neighbour for foods hunting outing as she found a newly opened restaurant where their foods are delicious and price worthy. She told us that she and her daughter had been visited that place for several within a week. I was quite shocked about it. After being told that the new cafe is located at Bukit Jalil which just near to my place and called ''PEEKABOO CAFE'' 


As my routine introduction, the cafe is located at first floor. The surface area wasn't too wide but still be able to place about 10 tables as the kitchen & bar counter had already occupied 1/3 of the space. Furniture used & interior design are just simple & normal so do to the some decorations. I was wondering may be due to the soft warm lighting was being used which just made the whole atmosphere there had become different of what it should be.


Because of the simplicity right there, makes me felt comfortable with environment especially when you look out from the window, there is a green grass field planted with big trees. I believe the there would be a very beautiful scenery if the trees full of flowers blossomed. 


Before I came here, I did reviewed some responses on its fb page. The most response got were there are too crowded as well as foods and beverages sold out in speedy which had caused some customers forced to return home with disappointment. Due to new opening, obviously that you can find there is shortage of crew members as service wasn't so efficient even the cafe wasn't full house.

Let's get back to the quality of  foods & beverage right there.

Cappucino

Cappucino
The cappucino served here with no much steamed foam as like the traditional cappucino and it was tasted abit bitter rather than sweet.

The Chicken Little

The Chicken Little 
The Chicken Little was served with a grilled whole chicken drumstick with some kind 'berry wine' sauce, a portion of mashed potato mixed with pieces bacon & a portion of green salad.

The mashed potato was our favorite as it really tasted yummy with the smell of bacon inside. The grilled chicken chop itself wasn't too dry or too oily. When you enjoy with the sour berry sauce attached which tasted very delicious with little bit spicy & sour as well as you won't feel greasy about it.

Aglio Olio
Aglio Olio 
To me, the aglio olio tasted tasteless. I was wondering whether was it because the chef had forgotten to add in some salt. As I am light taste taker, even it was tasteless but still acceptable to me.

Cut the piglet

Cut the piglet 
Cut the piglet was served with a pork chop with 'berry' sauce, a portion of mashed sweet potato & a portion of green salad. As I am non pork taker, I unable to comment much on it. From the presentation view, it looks delicious & smell delicious as well.

Iced Drip Coffee

Iced Drip Coffee
The production of the coffee was similiar to the brewed coffee. I don't have deep knowledge about coffee, when I tasted on it ,it was an acceptable bitter, coffee taste was not that strong. Oh ya...the one I had tried on was pure iced drip coffee without any milk served.  If you were thought to taste this 'graceful ' coffee then you have to be patient to wait at least 20 mins for them to prepare it..

Iced Fruit Tea
Iced Fruits Tea
This is my favorite as I definitely a fruits lovers. The fruits they had used to make on this fruits tea inclusive of strawberry, blueberry, kiwi,  lemon slice, etc. I was totally been refreshed by this yummy & healthy drinks! Love it... 

Oh ya... some dishes are only available on weekend and some other dishes only available on certain days.  All these arrangement are due to different chef is responsible for different dish preparation. These could be treated as one of the speciality of this cafe where you might be able to try different dishes on different day. Sound interesting !


(Warm reminder : You might need to be patient to wait your orders to be served as there are shortage of crew members & if you were really interested to visit there then try to get there as early as you can because their foods & beverages really can be sold out fast !)

Good Luck ~!

Latest update : The above mentioned dishes are unavailable anymore as they are launching brand new menu ~! 

More photos :
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10206709123020380&type=1&l=5dd67a390e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Wesak Day 2018

Beautiful flowers bought for Wesak Day ~ Colorful chrysanthemum ~~ Really Beautiful & inspire us ! Wishing everyone having a blessed & happy Wesak Day !!! Being blessed with good health, good life & peace in mind & soul~! Amituofo

NICE PHOTO BRO ~!

Credit : Mr Jeffrey Woo, LightBox Media (Malaysia) founder This is photo that I love at the first sight. It was being captured at one of cafes located at Sunway Geo by my brother ( Jeffrey Woo, LightBox Media (Malaysia) founder) . Photo taken by just using Iphone SE with natural lighting, with no any lighting assistance.  And, this version is original photo without any editing at all.  Amazingly, its look just nice with it in naturally way which make me feel so comfortable and peace in soul ~! P/S : Permission has been obtained to post it.

MOTHER'S DAY UPDATE - She was a real beauty at her young age ~!

My mom on her Wedding Day, 07.01.1980, age of  23. ( Mom urged me to post this photo -_-'') A week after Mother's Day.......... This year, we didn't have any celebration Mother's Day as my elder brother was working on that day. Initially, we thought to celebrate it without my brother attendance but mom said 'No' because it looked a incomplete family for mother's day celebration  and  the most important was that she wished all of her children were with her for celebration. ( My poor mommy didn't have celebration this year ) So, at last, we just had simple family diner at home.. And, had a very simple tea+cakes session with her in the late night. Let her had some relax private place instead of just stayed at home for TV program. By the way, my mom was a real beauty at her young age, don't you so ? !! I heard from her said that many admirers were going after her.... I think she didn't tell lie....LOL ~!