Skip to main content

*!~ ESSENTIAL YEARLY MOM'S HOMEMADE SIGNATURE CNY COOKIES FOR ME & FAMILY~!*

Mom's Homemade Signature Cookies Done perfectly ~!
'Dong dong dong qiang ...Dong dong dong qiang ... Xin Nian Lai Loh '... The first day of Rooster Year fall on 28/1/2017, the next coming Saturday in this year which mean it still left about 2 weeks time of its arrival. However, I believe that everyone has been starting busy shopping for Chinese New Year (CNY) items one month ago as I has been listening CNY songs being played around and seeing a lot of promotion items, decoration since the beginning of this month . LOL...

In the brand new year ahead, to me and my family, HEALTH always is our ultimate wealth in life instead of hoping to earn much money and looking for luxury lifestyle in return of ruin our health. With good health, we can turn any impossible into possible ... this is my philosophy of life !! Lol... Ok, back to my CNY cookies story, my mom always put our family health on top of priority in her list therefore she will bake her favourite CNY biscuit/snack instead of buy it from outside. 

While she is baking her CNY cookies, she will take the chance to 'brain wash' me as well by saying ''Outside cookies on sale had been over priced, not so tasty and the quality of ingredients cannot be guaranteed as well, home made always is the best, nothing can beat it''. Mom used to bake variety of CNY cookies before, but as she is ageing as time goes by, nowadays she only bake the 2 most  delicious CNY cookies for us. 

ALMOND COOKIES
The ingredients of baking almond cookies is so simple of which consist of flour, almond powder, sugar, corn oil, salt, crushed almond nuts. Mixed all the ingredient together then make out the shape of the cookies that you like with mold. Then bake it in the oven. That's all !! Lol~

At the side of folklore, it's saying that taking almond during CNY will bring you happiness throughout the whole year. Whether this is true or not, for sure is that I love almond very much !!

Mom put in a lot of crushed almond nuts... as we enjoy biting the nuts





PINEAPPLE COOKIES 
Here another signature cookies from my mom. The procedures of pineapple cookies is much more complicated as we need to make out the pastry separately before which is used to wrap the pineapple paste inside. 

The ingredient needed for the pastry consist of butter, flour, icing sugar powder, custard powder, salt, egg yolks where for the paste, we use the local pineapple paste of which taste less sweet.

To me, the most troublesome part is wrapping the pineapple inside the pastry. I need to be gentle to the pastry as it was soft and easily broken into parts which my mom always said I did it unsuccessfully. At last she really cannot stand my unskillful way and 'kick me out' from her bakery section and asked me to sit by her side 'diam diam' to wait for her instructions given. Lol ~

For Pineapple cookies, folklore also saying that Pineapple is being pronounced as 'Ong lai' in Hokkien which indicate prosperity & good fortune and the person whom taking it during CNY will get good fortune and prosperity year ahead. So hopefully that this year these 'Ong Lai Pia' (Pineapple Cookies) can really bring us good fortune and prosperity ya.... Lol.....





There has a lot of others CNY cookies like 'kuih ka pat',' egg roll', peanut cookies and so on.... Really a non stop eating festival to me.... I am sure that I cannot resist good foods, snack in this festival, although I will definitely gain few kgs on weight so let's only talk about the slim down matter after the CNY is over ya.

Currently,  I so look forward to enjoy precious CNY moment with my family, relatives & friends around with tasty foods, laughter and so on in very soon... and also beautiful photos taking sections as well ...

Oh ya, allow me to take the chance here to wish everyone has a prosperity year of Rooster with good health & plenty of cash in you pocket  & bank account ya !!!  Happy Rooster Year & GONG XI FAT CAI !!! 

See you all next ~! GOOD LUCK~!


Love,
Wendy





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Wesak Day 2018

Beautiful flowers bought for Wesak Day ~ Colorful chrysanthemum ~~ Really Beautiful & inspire us ! Wishing everyone having a blessed & happy Wesak Day !!! Being blessed with good health, good life & peace in mind & soul~! Amituofo

NICE PHOTO BRO ~!

Credit : Mr Jeffrey Woo, LightBox Media (Malaysia) founder This is photo that I love at the first sight. It was being captured at one of cafes located at Sunway Geo by my brother ( Jeffrey Woo, LightBox Media (Malaysia) founder) . Photo taken by just using Iphone SE with natural lighting, with no any lighting assistance.  And, this version is original photo without any editing at all.  Amazingly, its look just nice with it in naturally way which make me feel so comfortable and peace in soul ~! P/S : Permission has been obtained to post it.

MOTHER'S DAY UPDATE - She was a real beauty at her young age ~!

My mom on her Wedding Day, 07.01.1980, age of  23. ( Mom urged me to post this photo -_-'') A week after Mother's Day.......... This year, we didn't have any celebration Mother's Day as my elder brother was working on that day. Initially, we thought to celebrate it without my brother attendance but mom said 'No' because it looked a incomplete family for mother's day celebration  and  the most important was that she wished all of her children were with her for celebration. ( My poor mommy didn't have celebration this year ) So, at last, we just had simple family diner at home.. And, had a very simple tea+cakes session with her in the late night. Let her had some relax private place instead of just stayed at home for TV program. By the way, my mom was a real beauty at her young age, don't you so ? !! I heard from her said that many admirers were going after her.... I think she didn't tell lie....LOL ~!