Skip to main content

*~ ECONOMIC & EFFECTIVE WAY TO CLEAN MY MAKEUP BRUSHES AT HOME ~*




Hygiene of personal makeup tools is very important especially to those whom has sensitive skin like me. I am very stress on the cleanliness of makeup brushes. I bought a set of 12 pcs makeup brushes many years ago, I still use it regularly till today. ( May be now is time for me to look for some better quality brushes too..... LOL)

Before I share my way to clean my makeup brushes, I would like to share with you all about what would happen if I don't clean up my brushes regularly from I had read from some articles and wish these will bring up your awareness about dangerous of using dirty makeup brushes. 

What would happen if we don't clean up our makeup brushes regularly ??
  • Bacteria Buildup - Brushes accumulate bacteria, dust, dead cells, and oils which actually provides a moist, warm environment to help the microbes breed faster. 
  • Causes Breakout - Swiping a bacteria-infested brush to all over our face can cause our skin couldn't get used into handling those overload of microbes. 
  • Skin Irritation 
  • Pore got clogged - Repetitively spreading dirt from face, into makeup brushes then back to face again from the dirty brushes
  • Viral Infection - May catching infection like 'Pink eye' or 'herpes. This will be complicated if you sharing your brushes with anyone else. 
  • Attract bugs
  • Makeup will look worse - As the dirty brushes had already caked up with those previous make up which will affect the makeup performance.
  • Get more wrinkles - expose the skin to oxidative stress from free radicals.
  • Wasting money - Well-cared brushes can be last for longer time as simple as that. :)
After reading all above, do you feel disgusting when think of those dirty brushes touch to your face ?? ( To me, I really 'beh tahan' which means cannot stand for it)  .... 

For sure, there are many ways to clean the makeup brushes. If you felt comfortable with other ways or your own way, then just go ahead with yours. And, it's same to me that I am comfortable with my economic and effective way :)




What do I need to prepare for brushes cleaning ??
  • plastic plate or unused plate or small container
  • Dishwashing Liquid (no specific brand required but you can choose those with anti bacteria  purpose for cleaning purpose
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil (no specific brand required also) - Used to remove the cosmetic left over on the brushes
  • Clean face towel / paper towel - Used to absorb excessive water 
  • some clothes hanger and clips - Used to hang the brushes
That's all ~ All the things are pretty easy and convenient to be found in any grocery store or supermarket .


Let me start my cleaning steps..... I took roughly 2-3 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid and put it in the plate prepared then add in with 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and also few drops of lukewater. 


After the mixture prepared, I took a dirty brush and dipped the bristle to the mixture then rubbing it in circular motion on my palm ( you can get brush cleaning glove to replace your palm).  You can see the dirty coloured foam resulted (cosmetic was removed out from the brush ) while you were rubbing it. After that all, I will rinse it off with running water under the pipe.



On next step, I will squeeze the bristle to get the excessive water out then use the face towel or paper towel to do another round of water absorption step by gently pat on them. Then, I will reshape the bristle when it's damp on my next step.



After reshape it like it original look, I will hang the brushes with the bristle is facing downwards instead of standing upright. This is important as standing upright will cause water trickle down into the ferrule of which actually will weaken the glue used to hold the brush together. Moreover, the brushes will be in its shape by hanging them with bristle is facing downwards.

In another way, I will lay them flatly on any surface as well. In order to avoid the bristles to be flattened, I will lay them over the edge.

Usually, I will repeat these cleaning steps on weekly basis. If during a week time, I had done my makeup more frequent then I will clean them twice in a week to make sure my brushes are clean and safe to use. I will never try to put my face at risk by using dirty brushes ~

I wish my post can help you a little bit on to keep your brushes clean and safety to be used ~~

Happy Makeup and Stay gorgeous everyone !! Good Luck ~! ^_~


Love, 
Wendy 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Wesak Day 2018

Beautiful flowers bought for Wesak Day ~ Colorful chrysanthemum ~~ Really Beautiful & inspire us ! Wishing everyone having a blessed & happy Wesak Day !!! Being blessed with good health, good life & peace in mind & soul~! Amituofo

NICE PHOTO BRO ~!

Credit : Mr Jeffrey Woo, LightBox Media (Malaysia) founder This is photo that I love at the first sight. It was being captured at one of cafes located at Sunway Geo by my brother ( Jeffrey Woo, LightBox Media (Malaysia) founder) . Photo taken by just using Iphone SE with natural lighting, with no any lighting assistance.  And, this version is original photo without any editing at all.  Amazingly, its look just nice with it in naturally way which make me feel so comfortable and peace in soul ~! P/S : Permission has been obtained to post it.

MOTHER'S DAY UPDATE - She was a real beauty at her young age ~!

My mom on her Wedding Day, 07.01.1980, age of  23. ( Mom urged me to post this photo -_-'') A week after Mother's Day.......... This year, we didn't have any celebration Mother's Day as my elder brother was working on that day. Initially, we thought to celebrate it without my brother attendance but mom said 'No' because it looked a incomplete family for mother's day celebration  and  the most important was that she wished all of her children were with her for celebration. ( My poor mommy didn't have celebration this year ) So, at last, we just had simple family diner at home.. And, had a very simple tea+cakes session with her in the late night. Let her had some relax private place instead of just stayed at home for TV program. By the way, my mom was a real beauty at her young age, don't you so ? !! I heard from her said that many admirers were going after her.... I think she didn't tell lie....LOL ~!